How To Choose The Right Muscle Car Insurance
Muscle car is a term which was coined for a high performance car. Usually, the cars made in United States, Australia and South Africa between 1964 and 1974 were referred to as muscle cars. These cars are mid sized cars having a powerful V8 engine. These cars are used for street or drag racing. These cars are specially designed for maximum torque and high performance.
Some of the very famous muscle cars are Plymouth Road Runner, Chevrolet Chevelle, Pontiac GTO, Dodge Superbee, Chevrolet Chevelle, Dodge Daytona, Mercury Cougar etc and the list goes on. A few modern day muscle cars are Chevrolet Impala SS, Dodge Charger Daytona, Mercury Grand Marquis, Ford Terminator SVT Cobra etc.
Muscle car insurance is different from the standard car insurance. Usually, the standard car insurance companies will not give you insurance policy for muscle cars. Even if they do, they will charge exorbitantly high premiums for that. Therefore, it is necessary to get the insurance from a reputed company which specializes in muscle car insurance.
Some of the things which you should keep in mind while choosing an insurance company for your muscle car are:
- Does this company specialize in muscle car insurance?
- Whether the company offer stated car value or agreed car value? Usually, the specialty car insurance companies and insurers will agree upon a value of coverage for your car depending upon certain guidelines.
- Does this company require a professional appraisal of car?
- What are the terms regarding deductibles and liabilities?
- Is there any mileage limitation on the car per year?
- Who else will be able to drive your car after taking insurance?
- Are there any restrictions for modification after policy approval?
- Does the company give any discounts on safety features?
- What is the policy on roadside assistance?
- How simple and reliable is the customer support, payment process, claim process etc.
The best way to find a good muscle car insurance company is to do some research on internet. You can get reviews from existing customers, compare terms and conditions, get quotes etc easily sitting at home.
The author writes articles on personal finance and insurance including muscle car insurance and car insurance over 65